The fire and rescue service is one of the most diverse and challenging professions today. Imagine training to prepare yourself to cope with situations which range from responding to structural fires to childbirth; hazardous material spills to heart attacks; helping with wrecks in the snow to extracting people from their cars; forest fires to helping find lost people. This diversity is coupled with the fact that these skills may be needed at any time of day, seven days a week, in any kind of weather and very often under potentially stressful and emotional circumstances. This job is not for everyone. You need more than just a desire to help someone. You need courage and dedication, assertiveness, and a willingness to learn new skills. You have to be willing to follow instructions without hesitation. Also, you need to have time for training sessions, meetings, emergency calls, maintenance of equipment, and other duties. The fire department is not for the meek or timid or those who lose control during times of crises.
If you think you fit this description, we would like to talk with you about the possibilities.
Please call our Fire Chief, Angela Rohwer, at 970-739-6060
If you are interested in joining, complete an application.
Regular meetings are on the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays. Truck checks are on the first Tuesday of the month. Fill out an application, bring it to one of our meetings, and talk with us one on one.
Requirements for Being a Pleasant View Firefighter
NO EXPERIENCE NEEDED! ALL TRAINING PROVIDED!
- Live or Work Within Five Miles Outside the Boundaries of the Pleasant View Fire Protection District
- 18 Years of Age
- A Valid Driver's License
- Pass a Firefighter Physical
- Meet 36 Hours of Training Per Year
- Make 5% of All Calls Per Year
Benefits of Volunteering
- Able to Help Community and Others
- Respect, Support and Appreciation of the Community
- Pension after 10 years of Participation
- $50,000 Life Insurance Policy in the Line of Duty
- Insurance for any Injury While on Duty
- Tires from Goodyear at State Price
- Tires at Big 0 – Buy 3 Get 1 Free
- Earn $100 Per Day for Approved Training Outside Our District
- Annual Banquet and Annual Christmas Party
- PVFD Apparel – Shirts, Hats, Jackets, etc.
- Exercise Equipment at the Station
- In-house Training
- Be a Member of a Great Team
- Pride In Use of Good Equipment and Facilities
- Provide Eduction to the Public and the Pleasant View Charter School
- Incentives for Recertifications
- $65 Annual Boot Allowance
- Free Physical
- Firefighter Discount at Carquest Auto Part Stores
- Physical Therapy from Diane Daniel – Firefighter and Immediate Family
- Free Ice – In House Ice Machine
- Aflac – Accident & Sickness Policy
- Pay Per Call
- Post-Retirement Retention Incentives
- Wash Bay for Personal Use